I got up at 6:00 this morning to see what Joe Scarborough (on MSNBC) had to say about the financial crisis. Glad I did. He was basically in rant mode, flinging blame in all directions. Incensed with the breakdown of government.
- He blamed the President for not explaining the crisis well. Leadership is largely about communication.
- He blamed Nancy Pilosi for her stupid partisan speech at a totally inappropriate time.
- He blamed John McCain for his theatrical parachute drop last week.
- He blamed House leaders on both sides for their inability to deliver votes.
- He blamed the Treasury Secretary for his initial proposal.
It was fun to watch. But eventually, I decided I had to go to work.
I listened, some, to Olberman and Maddow last night on MSNBC. They were both blaming Republicans for basically everything wrong in world history, including the Crusades, the sinking of the Titanic, and New Coke. Meanwhile, on FOX News, the Democrats got blamed for everything. Only CNN, in my view, offered any balance. Maybe that’s because their programming focuses more on news than on punditry. Lou Dobbs, who I normally dislike, was taking a broad view.
Interesting time.Leave a comment