Mawma Nancy’s Mac & Cheese
I found this in the cookbook ‘Sunday Dinner at Grandma’s” (page 135). I’ve made it several times and really like it. It also warms up well in a microwave, so I take it to work for lunch.
5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
5 TBS butter, melted
3 cups milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1. In a large bowl, combine–
– cooked macaroni
– mozzarella cheese
– 3 cups cheddar cheese
– salt and papper
2. Beat the eggs, and then stir them into the bowl.
3. Pour into lightly-greased 3-quart casserole dish.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
5. Uncover. Sprinkle reserved cheddar on top.
6. Bake, uncovered, for another 15 minutes or until cheese melts.