Steve’s Cheese Dip
There is nothing exact about this recipe. You can change ingredients all over the place, and it’ll still be a good dip. But this is generally how I do it. Depending on the group, sometimes I use our small crockpot, but most of the time I use a regular-sized crockpot.
1 lb Velveeta (half of a big bar)
1 can Hormel chili with beans
1/2 lb hamburger
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 package taco seasoning
bell peppers (I use maybe half a pack of frozen bell peppers)
2 lb Velveeta (large bar)
2 can Hormel chili with beans
1.5 lb hamburger
2 cans cheddar cheese soup (or 1 cheddar cheese and 1 mushroom soup)
2 packages taco seasoning
1 container from Kroger of mixed peppers (red, yellow, green)bell peppers
1. Brown hamburger and peppers
2. Drain hamburger.
3. Add Hormel chili and taco seasoning packet. Mix well.
4. When warm, dump into crockpot.
5. Dice the Velveeta, and lay on top of the hamburger mix
6. Pour soups on top (cheddar cheese and mushroom).
7. Heat on low for about 2.5 hours, or until everything is mixed well. Stir occasionally. (You can speed it up by heating on high, without affecting the result.)