Pam loves strawberry pie. This recipe, from the book “Sunday Dinner at Grandma’s,” is easy enough for me to make.
3 cups strawbrerries, hulled
1 cup water, divided
1 cup sugar
3 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS corn syrup
2 TBS strawberry gelatin mix
1 9-inch baked pie crust
1. Slice 2 cups strawberries. Chop remaining strawberries and set aside.
2. Arrange sliced strawberries in baked pie crust. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix–
– corn syrup.
4. Add reserved chopped strawberries.
5. Cook until thickened.
6. Stir in dry gelatin mix. Cool.
7. Pour mixture into pie crust.
8. Cover and chill until firm.