A study of the world’s 2,325 billionaires developed a composite of the typical billionaire.
- He is male, 63, and married.
- He’s worth $3 billion.
- He loves sports, and likes to attend high-profile sporting events.
- He made most of his money on Wall Street during his 40s and 50s.
- He keeps 20% of his money in cash, and 5% in real estate.
- He owns 4 homes, each worth about $20 million.
- Over his lifetime, he’ll give $100 million to charity–a third of it to educational institutions. That’s about 3% of their wealth. When you factor in billionaires like Gates and Buffet who give away a great deal of their wealth, it’s clear that many billionaires give very, very little away.
These billionaires control 4% of the world’s wealth.